Monday, August 27, 2007

Eleventh Chemotherapy Successfully Completed!

It is the home stretch now, and am eagerly anticipating the last of my treatments. Despite generally managing better once I get home, sitting through the chemotherapy treatments is difficult. I have started reading one of my favorite and most engaging authors, Alexander McCall Smith, during the treatments and he seems to be able to divert my mind. Just finished The World According to Bertie, one of the 44 Scotlad Street series. For the last chemo I have his latest, an Isabel Dalhousie novel The Careful Use of Compliments. I cannot recommend his books highly enough, particularly The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series, which remains my favorite. His biography as well as his story as an author (in his own words) is interesting as well...

(click on the links above to read more about Smith and his works of fiction)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have read the first two in the 44 Scotland Street series and really enjoy them. We do not have anymore yet in the States I don't think. It is fun for me to picture all the places he talks about from my time living in Edinburgh.