Saturday, April 26, 2008

First Haircut after Chemo!

Today I got my hair cut and colored at a salon near the house. It felt so great to be in the salon and actually having something done with my hair. The guy was great - he was the owner and he said he had a lot of clients who had gone thru chemo in one form or another. We talked about the curliness after chemo, which I don't much like. He gave me sort of a wedge cut in back and left the top and sides long so they can grow out. He said that such hair is the most curly in the back after chemo, and that it takes 12 months to realy get back to normal. It seems a lot thicker now, and for the most part looks OK. I got some vitamins with silica in them for hair and nails - don't know if that is helping but the hair is certainly growing like a weed!




The first few photos are just to show how much it has grown from Feb (Hawaii), March (with my home dye job) and April, with dark blond professionally done in the last two, with it blow dried. The color came out darker than we'd thought it would so I'm going a couple of shades lighter for next time...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow you look great! Joann was telling me about your hair. So glad Dr. reports are good!!

debbie said...

Great, you look good!
That color is nice!

Anonymous said...

SEXY!
Looks great - that's that good Pachana hair!!