Thursday, June 28, 2007

Chemo Delayed Again!

Today I went in for chemo, but white blood cell count still at zero. So I'm having some of the bone marrow shots today and tomorrow, and will DEFINITELY have chemo Monday.

BUT the doc said this was OK and would allow him to chase up the results of the lung CT. Those revealed the possibility of fluid in the lungs, which could account for lowered oxygen exchange. BUT what is causing this? To help answer this question I had an echocardiogram today. Compared with baseline measures, the technician thought it pretty much unchanged. (Luckily, I have no vegetation in my heart, unlike the poor lady whose echo you see above! Click on the photo above to see it enlarged...)

I'll have a meeting with the respiratory doc later next week to discuss the whole picture...

No comments: