Thursday, May 03, 2007

Excellent News on Lymphoma Progress

Well, there is good news on the lymphoma front. A chest x-ray has revealed that the central mass in my chest has shrunk considerably! This is very good news as it shows that the cancer is being quite responsive to treatment. Also, although there seems to be some impact on my lung functioning (currently my blood gas exchange rate in my lungs is down by a third from what you would expect of someone my age and height), overall the chemo does not seem to be having too many side effects. So the doctors are very encouraged. I will have lung function tests every other chemo treatment to track that finding. At the sixth chemo treatment I will have another chest CT scan, so they can measure by volume exactly how much the tumor in the middle of my chest has shrunk...

4 comments:

St Mark Catholic Homeschool said...

Wow - it is not every day that you see a chest x-ray on your blog! Glad to hear the good news and see the results!! Praying for continued success!!!

debbie said...

WOW!
At least things are looking good and the results are encouraging!

Anonymous said...

I am with Joann on this one. Not everybody gets to post chest x-rays. Thanks for the update and keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Such great news! You're in my thoughts...
And it's so wonderfully Nancy to be making a game out the wigs (:

Pete