Saturday, May 02, 2009

Off to Rio de Janeiro!


Today I flew off to my International Psychogeriatrics Conference in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. The entire trip from Brisbane airport to Rio took 31 hours each way. I flew via Auckland and Santiago, Chile (above), with a short stop in Sao Paulo (below) before finally arriving in Rio (at midnight).

The airport in Santiago was very small and STUFFED with American fast food outlets. I ate a Ruby Tuesdays (craved a mushroom burger, which was not bad...). Note the guy wearing the mask walking past Dunkin' Donuts - swine flu alert was very high.

2 comments:

St Mark Catholic Homeschool said...

can't believe you didn't take another flight to see us - ha ha ha
how many books/movies did uyou

Nancy said...

I read 2 books and saw 4 movies over the course of the two flights. (Revolutionary Road and Bride Wars were the best ones). Even did some French and Portuguese foreign language lessons.