Thursday, October 16, 2008

Good News!


While pictures from my recent trip to Portugal slowly get posted, we interrupt this blog for an important update! Went to see Kirk my wonderful oncologist today, where he pronounced me in COMPLETE REMISSION from my bout last year with Hodgkin's lymphoma. Basically as the PET scans since last year show no active signs of cancer, and since the tumor has shrunk more than 90%, the doc says I am in complete remission. This does not mean that the cancer cannot come back - chances of that (on a population level) range from 10-20% in cases similar to mine, but the doctor is confident that my chances are closer to 10% if not a bit better given the excellent treatment response to date. So of course we are all quite pleased...

7 comments:

St Mark Catholic Homeschool said...

yeah!! This is wonderful news!! It make me so happy!! I am sure your positive attitude was a big factor. Now it is your turn to play nurse when Tim has his surgery - but I hope your role is much shorter and Tim's surgery goes well and his recovery is quick!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Nancy: It was wonderful looking at your pictures (now I don't have to go to Portugual!) I am so happy everything is going well for you and Tim. You look wonderful!! God Bless you both.

Love, Stella

Anonymous said...

Great News!!! I could not be happier at this time. Knowing the person that you are and having Tim at your side speaks for itself!!

Bits said...

Mancy that is fabulous news! I am so happy for you and for Tim. I know it has been a long,hard road.
Loved seeing your pictures of Portugal. I have a friend living in the Algarve and am interested in trying to get there one day. Your pictures inspired me.

Bits said...

OK that is sad. Sorry I did not see the typo Mancy....umm Nancy! I was just so excited to post I hit publish instead of preview. Again, fabulous news!

Anonymous said...

Hurray! I am so happy. Great photos of Portugal, too.

Anonymous said...

St. John's Class of 1979!!!!