Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Yoga, Massages and Rolfing


I have noticed that my back is really stiff, after all of the treatments and inactivity and especially the recent flurry of airplane travel... So I have started doing a lot of stretches and some yoga positions every morning, which is really helping with my flexibility. (Zamboni is acting as my yoga teacher...) I have also been going for Rolfing treatments at the local day spa, Rainesforest, where I also get back massages about every two weeks. Rolfing basically involves manipulatng the soft tissues (muscles, connecting tissues) in a systematic manner to help with spinal realignment and posture. I find it has been very useful and Tim has noticed a big difference in my posture and flexibility.

1 comment:

St Mark Catholic Homeschool said...

Sorry to hear about your back problems but glad that you are feeling better with yoga and rolfing!! Through some pilates in there too - I know that helped my back lots!!